Updates on Rights of Tenants and Landlords in Canberra during COVID-19

Hey People,

I have two houses in Canberra. The new one was bought 13 years ago as an investment. I had leased the residence ten years ago and dealt with over five tenants. The experience had been satisfactory in most cases, except the latest one. The current tenant has made my life hell. I understand that the condition is not in our favour due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But the situation is the same for me. I have been suffering from losses and was still ready to negotiate rent reduction. However, my tenant has been stubborn and has not been paying any rent for the past four months. As a landlord, I cannot evict him or get an order of termination of the lease agreement until 22 October. However, it is affecting me financially. I have decided to visit the Conflict Resolution Service so that the dispute can be resolved. The service is available for free during the moratorium and they have been helping us to negotiate. I am hopeful that we will soon resolve the issue and sign a new agreement with a reduced rent amount. I will also get a land tax rebate for the amount reduced. All these schemes have been started by the government to support both landlords and tenants. However, a lot of people are unaware of these laws and have been suffering in silence. So here is an article that will help you to understand the rights and obligations of tenants and landlords in Canberra during the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.bondcleaningincanberra.com.au/updates-on-rights-of-tenants-and-landlords-in-canberra-during-covid-19/

Landlord Rights and Responsibilities - Intuitive Finance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lawyer Ben Aulich and accountant Michael Papandrea lose bid to challenge undercover police operation

10 Best Places To Donate Old Things When Moving House

It may no longer be enough to protect species like Australia's marsupials from predators – we may have to assist in their evolution if they are to survive the 21st Century.